“HealthWise: Strategies for Your Health Care Costs”
The 2011 regional meetings focused on the subject the Massachusetts Nonprofit Network hears most about from its members: the rising cost of health care. Attendees learned how to navigate the current health care system and about existing subsidies, as well as how they can play a role in efforts to control mounting costs.
To aid nonprofit leaders and employees in navigating the current health insurance market, The Health Connector presented a brief overview of health insurance requirements followed by information about benefit design and subsidies. Health Care for All shared information about efforts in the Massachusetts Legislature to address health care costs through payment reform. Legislators were invited to all meetings to share their thoughts on the status of this issue and the role that attendees can play in moving this issue forward in the Legislature, as well as to hear attendee stories.
- Berkshires: Friday, September 23 – Berkshire Community College Intermodal Center; Pittsfield, MA
- MetroWest: Monday, October 3 – Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Offices; Wellesley, MA
- Cape Cod: Friday, November 4 – Community Action Committee of Cape Cod & Islands, Hyannis, MA
- Pioneer Valley: Friday, November 18 – Holyoke Community College Kittredge Center; Holyoke, MA
- Central: Monday, November 21 – UMASS Medical School; Worcester, MA
- Northeast: Friday, December 2 – United Way Lowell; Lowell, MA
- Greater Boston: Monday, December 5 – The Boston Foundation; Boston, MA
- Southeast: Friday, December 9 – Whaling Museum; New Bedford, MA