Funding Available: Up to $250,000 to deliver customized training to existing employees.
- Organizations of any size
- Training must align with mission of fund:
- Promote job growth, retention, or increased wages
- Improve organization productivity, competitiveness, ability to accomplish mission
- Incentivize private
- Grant funds must be matched $1/$1. Matching includes related expenses like employee wages while in training. In 90% of cases, the match is met by simply paying employees during training
- Training must be job related
- Training should supplement, not replace current investment in training
- No mandatory training (e.g. OSHA)
- Will not cover training that would have taken place without the grant
- Training must take place within 2 years of grant approval
- Organization must be able to demonstrate return on investment for training (success metrics are determined by organization)
General WTFP eligibility:
- Organization contributes to WTFP through contributory Unemployement Insurance payments
- Participating employees must be on payroll in Massachusetts
- Organization has current Certificate of Good Standing (dated within 6 months) and is not debarred from doing business in MA
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY: Click here and complete forms provided.
The Workforce Training Fund Program is administered by the Commonwealth Corporation, a quasi-public entity under the Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development. For technical questions about the grant applications or requirements, please visit www.commcorp.org.