Nonprofits must make smart use of technology; too little wastes money and human resources and too much wrongly selected or applied can do the same.
A technology plan can help your organization manage its technology. It can be part of your strategic plan or a stand-alone plan. Here is more information about putting one together.
Affordable technology and software
The following sites offer discounted services, software, and equipment to eligible nonprofit organizations.
- Getting Started with TechSoup Product Donations – TechSoup
- About TechMarketplace – TechFoundation
- Nonprofit Recycling and Reuser Network
Servers and shared data
If your organization isn’t already linked to a server or is on a network, here is some useful information to help get you started.
Do you need funding for capital equipment and other technology items? Here are some websites that list funding opportunities.
Need help with computer problems or figuring out what type of maintenance should you do? Read on for more information.
- What To Do Before Calling Tech Support – Third Sector New England
- Five Steps to Extend Your Computer’s Life – Third Sector New England
- Basic Support of Small Computer Systems – Free Management Library
Keeping your data secure is critical to legal compliance and good management. Here are some ways to go about it.