ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: IBA – Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers and engages individuals and families to improve their lives through high quality affordable housing, education and arts programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for developing, implementing and managing strategies that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support for IBA and its affiliates from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the government. S/he identifies, develops and fosters relationships with all donors. S/he is responsible for overseeing the conceptualization, organization and implementation of the annual fundraising campaign, marketing and communication plan, and for developing appropriate strategies to meet annual goals. S/he is responsible for forecasting, researching and writing grant proposals. S/he coordinates special campaigns and manages donor database in Salesforce. S/he assists with all publicity and marketing efforts to advance organizational visibility, including special events and promotions. S/he works closely with the CEO, COO, CFO, Senior Program Director and executive staff in enhancing current programming and in developing new program initiatives. Reports to COO.
Fund Development and Fundraising Campaigns
· Develops, implements and manages annual fundraising strategies and campaigns through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
· Identifies, solicits, cultivates and maintains key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
· Secures financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations and government sources.
· Expands and diversifies donor base/pipeline and works closely with other team members to secure funding for existing and new initiatives.
· Manages special fundraising events and solicitations (e.g. annual appeal, Festival Betances, etc.).
· Manages capital campaigns by engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms, as necessary.
Planning, Writing and Reporting
· In collaboration with CEO, COO and CFO, develops and implement a financial strategy to ensure funds, donations and grants meet the budgetary requirements of all programs.
· Oversees the development and execution of proposals; and the archiving of all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
· Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
· Works with Program Directors/Managers and Senior Program Director to ensure that grants and reports are submitted accurately and on time.
· Works closely and communicates with CFO and Finance department in managing grants and gifts.
· Oversees the research of funding sources, grant writing, proposals and reports to multiple funding sources.
· Tracks proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
Marketing and Communications
· Oversees the strategy for all communications, public image and public relations messages and collaterals to articulate the organization’s mission within brand guidelines.
· Oversees marketing and public relations consultants to create momentum and awareness of IBA’s programs and events as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities Supports in the development of written marketing materials.
· Oversees the development of the graphic design of all print and electronic marketing materials, including but not limited to: Website, Newsletters, Program Brochures, and Press Releases, among others.
· Oversees all data entry and management of donor database; and gift processing on Salesforce.
· Monitors and reports regularly on the progress of the development program.
· Reviews fundraising goals quarterly and analyze trends and gaps.
· Prepares monthly fundraising report for Senior Management Team and Board
· Supervises, trains and mentors Institutional Advancement staff and communicate fundraising goals and progress.
· Supports Board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
· Participates fully in the organization’s annual events, Three Kings Day, Membership Drive, Board Election, Festival Betances, and other events related to the community.
· Carries out ad hoc duties, as needed
GENERAL COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, business, social/human services or related field; master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum five years of demonstrated success in planning, managing, implementing, and securing funds, especially major gifts.
· High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Salesforce, required.
· Outstanding project management and organizational skills, with the necessary attention to details to drive complex, multi-faceted projects forward and on time.
· Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to handle a high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Bilingual, Spanish-English, preferred.
· Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
· Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
· Experience with program evaluation, data collection and analysis.
· Good moral character, mature judgment and a strong sense of responsibility and dedication.
· Highly positive and enthusiastic style; capable of motivating others.
· Experience working in an urban community with diverse population.
· Customer Services Oriented.
· Able to work flexible schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and one writing sample (3 pages maximum) to:
IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción
405 Shawmut Avenue
Boston MA, 02118
FOR THIS AND MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES VISIT:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ibaboston.org →