Every year, MNN honors the dedication, passion, and impact of nonprofit organizations and leaders through the Nonprofit Excellence Awards.
This year, our panel of judges reviewed over 200 nominations that highlighted the incredible impact of nonprofits from every sub sector and corner of the state. The finalists range from large youth organizations to small environmental agencies. These 30 nonprofits and their dedicated staff are improving communities across the Commonwealth, from The Berkshires to the Cape & Islands. They may differ in mission, size, and location but the following individuals and organizations represent the best-of-the-best in the sector. Their unwavering dedication, passion, and innovative spirit truly characterize the nonprofit sector.
Congratulations to the 2016 Nonprofit Excellence Award finalists and winners:
- ArtWeek (Citi Performing Arts Center)
- BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life)
- WINNER! Children’s Vision Massachusetts
- Food For Free
- WINNER! Bay State Performing Arts, Inc. dba Boston Gay Men’s Chorus
- IBA-Inquilinos Boricuas en Accion
- Lextended Day
- Boys & Girls Club of Boston (BGCB), Youth Connect
- Compass Working Capital
- Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll)
- WINNER! The Treehouse Foundation, Inc.
- Marisol Amaya-Aluigi, La Alianza Hispana
- Deborah Kincade Rambo, LICSW -Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Boston
- David Kuehn, Cotuit Center for the Arts
- WINNER! Katrina Shaw, Freedom House
- Lauren Solotar, May Institute