The Massachusetts Nonprofit Network (MNN) is the highly respected and effective statewide association dedicated to uniting and strengthening the Commonwealth’s nonprofit sector through advocacy, public awareness, and capacity building.
Full-time Positions Available:
The Massachusetts Nonprofit Network (MNN) is the voice of the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts and understands that strong nonprofits build strong communities. MNN is the only statewide organization dedicated to supporting the nonprofit sector through advocacy, public awareness, and capacity building. MNN includes more than 750 member organizations, representing every part of Massachusetts—from the Berkshires to the Cape.
The Communications Manager plays an integral role in promoting the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts, as well as MNN. The Communications Manager will lead MNN’s communications initiatives, which support every aspect of the organization’s work.
- 89 South Street, Suite 603, Boston, MA 02111 (one block from South Station)
- Chief Executive Officer
- Lead the development and execution of communications strategies that strengthen MNN’s presence with key constituencies, including members, prospective members, supporters, the media, government leaders, and civic leaders
- Drive communications initiatives to raise awareness of the nonprofit sector and enhance MNN’s brand across key stakeholder audiences
- Manage electronic communications, such as MNN’s website and electronic newsletters
- Develop print and branded materials for the organization
- Compile content and increase audience engagement on MNN’s social media channels
- Cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the nonprofit sector, as well as of MNN’s programs, publications, and other projects
- Develop language for grant proposals and reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience, preferably in a communications role
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Web design experience (e.g., WordPress) preferred
- Experience with digital marketing and communications metrics preferred
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
- Ability to prioritize and follow through to meet deadlines
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Natasha Terhorst at (617) 330-1188 ext. 285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.